- You like to discuss physics with high school students and teachers
- You like to perform hands-on experiments
- You have a physics background or you are interested in physics and willing to learn more
- You are able to help with S'Cool LAB workshops on a regular basis (at least 1-2 times per month)
- You are willing to participate in special training sessions (normally on Tuesdays, 17:30-19:00)
Is that you? Then please follow these steps to become a tutor:
- Subscribe to e-group firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Take part in the mandatory online general safety training course
- Don't forget to request access to the S'Cool LAB keys: Access request for 0143K1-001 (keys for cupboards in S'Cool LAB)
- Attention: Make sure you have followed the required online safety courses for this zone:
- The room key can be obtained in the visit service office 33/R-004 during working hours.
- Sign up for specific training courses for our experiments: S'Cool LAB category on INDICO
- The number of participants for each session is limited, please register for all trainings via INDICO
- If you want to prepare yourself, you can find all our preparation material (safety forms, worksheets, presentations …) in documents for tutors (only for members of the e-groups "scoollab-tutors" or "scoollab-news")
- Before you lead a session in S'Cool LAB on your own, you must "shadow" a session led by an experienced tutor.
- When you are ready to shadow, find an upcoming S'Cool LAB session in the CERN visits agenda, send an e-mail with your prefered dates and times to email@example.com - the S'Cool LAB team will reply to confirm your shadow session.
- To register as a tutor for a S'Cool LAB session, please use the CERN visits agenda.
- (If you are interested in S'Cool LAB news in general (open positions, new educational material, application deadlines for our programmes) please subscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org)
We hope to see you soon in the LAB!
In case of further questions: contact email@example.com If you don´t want to become a tutor, but you are interested in S'Cool LAB news, please subscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org.